March 29th 2019
IS YOUR I.T. SECURITY ROBUST ENOUGH TO COMBAT THE GROWING RISK OF CYBER ATTACK?
In 2019, Sonicwall launched their annual Cyber Threat report, which collects data across over 1 million sensors and more than 215 countries to put together a comprehensive analysis of the current cyber threat landscape.
The report provides a chilling insight into the ever-growing risk of cyber-attacks, analysing the growth of malware, ransomware, phishing attacks and more. Here, we take a look into some of the key findings from the report:
- Global malwareis up for the third year running, with 52 billion attacks detectedin 2018
- The UK is hardening against ransomware, with a 59% reduction in ransomware attacks, however globally ransomware has still risen by 11% with 206.4 million attacks detected
- Internet of Things (IoT) attacks are escalating, with a 217.5% increase in attacks between 2017-2018.
- The volume of malware attacks in the UK is up 57%.
- Global phishing attacks are down by 4.1% to 26 million.
- Cybercriminals are tooling trusted PDFs and Office files to help malwarecircumvent traditional firewalls and single engine sandboxes.
- There has been a68% increase in web app attacks in Europe.
The findings in this report show the growing concern that cyber criminals pose on businesses. Malware is consistently growing and cyber criminals are finding savvier ways to secure the threat and circumvent weak security systems.
With the cyber threat growing ever more prevalent, now is the time for businesses to be ensuring their cybersecurity is robust enough to protect against the threat of attack. At Lily, we partner with Sonicwall to provide a full security solution that provides a multi-layered approach, using automated real-time threat detection and prevention to secure your network from an attack. Combining next generation firewall with deep packet inspection, email security, endpoint security and more, you can minimise risk of attack and secure your network from threat.
SME’s are one of the most targeted segments by cybercriminals, due to their often weak and unsecure infrastructure. At Lily, we help to protect your organisation against attacks, from ransomware, to encrypted threats, to zero-day attacks. If you’re looking to protect your organisation from threat and want an enterprise-grade solution that is designed to suit the needs of SME’s, contact Lily today.